Friday, July 1, 2011

One Month Mark!

Olá family and friends,
I have officially been here in Sal, Cabo Verde for ONE MONTH as of yesterday! I am so surprised at how fast this month went by. We have transfers next week but I am pretty sure that Sister Walker and I will stay companions this next transfer and stay here in our same area in Sal. Nothing is for sure though so we will see next week.
This last week was really good. On Wednesday me, my companion, and the two other elders serving here in Sal all flew to the island of Sao Vicente for District trainings with our Mission President, President Neves. It was my FIRST TIME meeting my mission president finally after already being here for one month in the field. He is such an amazing person though and is highly respected and greatly loved my all of the missionaries. It was sad because it is everybodies last time seeing him because we are getting a new mission president the first of July. It was too bad that my first time meeting him was also my last time seeing him. I hope the next mission president is as incredible as President Neves, which I am sure he will be.
Going to Sao Vicente was also really great because I got to see Sister Holland again, My MTC companion from back in Utah. We actually stayed at her and her companions apartment for the 3 nights we were there. So we had fun catching up from the last month that we havent scene each other. Training went really well. On Friday we went on splits, and I went with Sister Lorenzo (from Angola, Africa) and Sister Gomez (from Portugal) for about 5 hours teaching with them in their area. It was fun because it was my first time not being with an American since arriving here in Cabo Verde and not being able to speak English. I love both of these sisters a ton and had lots of fun teaching with them for the night.
Over all, it was a really good week. We did not get to teach nearly as much as most weeks since we had to fly to another island for trainings. I guess the only other exciting news I have to share is that the island of Sal has lost electricity twice this last week...so that is always fun. We finally got water back but there has been no water pressure so it is basically like having no water still...and it has been almost a week and a half now since being out...again. Im still adjusting to showering with a cup and bucket of water but I think I am just about acustomed (spell check) to it. Speaking of water though...I got my FIRST hot shower this last week in a month! The Sisters apartment has HOT water!...and they rarely ever run out of water and they ALWAYS have hot water. I envy them, that is for sure. But I was happy to get a hot shower while I had the chance. Now its back to a cup and a bucket of cold water again which I always enjoy.
That is about it for my week. Until next week!
Sister Beus

No comments:

Post a Comment