Sunday, July 22, 2012

Re: Im stuck in Praia‏

November 28th, 2011
 
 
Hey Mom,
 
So I am here in Mosteiros, Fogo....and LOVING IT!!!!!! It is BEAUTIFUL here. BIG green mountains and right on the coast.
 
So first to answer your few questions...
 
Did you get it all furnished? Nope, we live in the NICEST house of the entire mission. It is HUGE! But it is empty as heck and looks rediculous because of the little we have in it.
How old is she?  How old is who? My comp? 21....she is a mini missionary from Assomada (thats on the island of Santiago...same island as Praia). She will be getting her call while she is here serving with me this transfer. She should get it right before Christmas.
Have you heard from your last companion?  Sister Vicente...yea she calls me ALL the time. She was my favorite comp by far. I love her. She is actually serving another mini mission right now in Sal.
When does she get to Boston?  Be sure to get an address for me so I can send her something. She is suppose to leave for the Provo Mtc in February...but that all depends if she has a visa yet or not.
Are you close to the Elders? There are only one set of elders that also serve here in Mosteiros. But they are a 45 minute walk away from us.
How many are there inFogo? There are 7 companionships currently on the island.
How are you feeling? Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!
Have you run out of water there? Only once...but it only was for a few hours.
 
Mom, I am so so so so so so so happy with where I am. This is seriously exactly what I needed. I will explain more details in my mass email.
 
As far as the packages...I really dont know. The thing is is that they have to wait until someone travels from Praia to Fogo....and then i am a one hour drive to the OTHER side of the island from where you fly into. It only takes 2 hours to drive around the entire island. It is really small. But it is great.
 
Well, I love you. Thanks for everything. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...I cant quite say the same. But what can you expect on the mission.
 
Love you Mom!
 
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment